PitaPata Dog tickers

12.25.2017

A Tribute to Kim Jonghyun

Hi.

It has been a few days since the love of my K-pop life Kim Jonghyun of SHINee passed away. I was badly affected by this incident I couldn't study for my finals, I couldn't concentrate on anything for a few days, I lost my appetite pretty much because of this. I cried a river when the news came out. The thing is, I was in the exact same situation as him (mental wise) a few months back in the summer, where I wanted to jump off my apartment building because I felt like I couldn't take it anymore. The problem might be different, but the depression is the same. Another difference was, I got help from my loved ones, and he probably didn't receive the help he desperately needed.

He was the first one I noticed when I started watching and listening to K-pop songs. Basically I fell in love with him because his voice is angelic and amazing and I fell even more knowing that his song composing ability is no joke. I fell even more and more in love with him when I started watching SHINee variety shows and acknowledged that Jonghyun was utterly funny and sensitive and deep. His personality that I saw in TV shows was so brotherly I felt close with him already without even meeting him in person.

He was a great person. Sometimes I wonder why he did what he did knowing all the love and respect he has earned globally. People say every individual has different stress coping mechanisms, so I have no right to judge him or other people who are experiencing the same trouble. It was just a pity to see a hardworking person went through some hardships and finally couldn't take it anymore and just decided to end his life.

I hope for the best. I will continue loving and listening to his beautiful voice and wonderful music. Jonghyun, you did well. Now it's time for me to accept the fact that you are no longer in this world, the fact that you are no longer breathing. So I have prepared this video, I made a short cover of Jonghyun's composed song, Breathe, sung by Lee Hi, as a tribute to Jonghyun's endless contribution to music. Sorry for the shaky voice and bad piano, also sorry for the cheesy texts in the video. He wouldn't be able to see this video, but I hope my voice reached out to where he is now. I'm letting him know that he was one of the best things that has happened in my life, and that he has done a remarkable job during his lifetime. 

수고많아셨습니다 김종현. 잘 했습니다. 그동안 힘들었지만 참아서 고마웠습니다. 좋은 음악 만들어주셔서 고마웠습니다. 이제 좋은 곳에서 푹 쉬세요.


Sincerely,
Zarra.

No comments:

Post a Comment